How to resolve firewall error Quickbooks
The firewall brings several issues while connecting due to its nature. In this guide, we will be discussing one such problem that is brought to QuickBooks due to a firewall. So, keep yourself attentive till the entire guide and learn everything related to the issue.
Well, the error occurs with the following text “QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file due to a firewall.” you can face the error during procedures like updating the Windows OS and software. Not only this but the issue can hinder when you connect the company file located on the Network. There are lots of things that you need to know about this error. Not only troubleshooting performs best for you. So, try to learn every section carefully.
QuickBooks Firewall Error : Meaning and Description
“Cannot communicate with the Company File” appears when the software denies communication with QB files. The error also recommends performing some of the basic troubleshooting like configuration of firewall and downloading the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. We will also try the same. But, first, get into the next section and learn the different causes that arise this issue.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Firewall Error
There are lots of reasons behind the QuickBooks firewall error.
You can proceed to the pointers below to know each one of them:
- QuickBooks database server manager is creating issues.
- Corrupted and damaged .ND file that the software uses for opening the QB file on the network.
- Configuration is incorrect that leads to lost connection.
- Inappropriate installation of Firewall.
- Settings related to DNS are not correct.
So, all of these work behind to raise the error issue. You can now proceed to the section below and learn ways to fix this issue.
Different Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Firewall Error
Below are provided some of the best ways through which you can resolve this issue.
Solution 1: Company File Folder Permissions
There needs proper permission to share the QB files over the network. You can move down the steps below to learn the procedure of conducting the same.
- Navigate towards the folder where you have placed the QB file.
- Perform a right-click on the same.
- Once done, choose Properties.
- Now, just tap on Security.
- You need to now move the cursor towards the Edit button.
- From there, choose QBDataServiceUserXX.
- After that, hit another tab that says Full Control.
- Moving ahead, hit Allow.
- Followed by clicking on the Apply button.
- Now, you can hit the OK button to save these changes.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
All the glitches and bugs get resolved easily once you update the QuickBooks application. Here are the steps that will guide you.
- Move towards the workstation.
- Now, choose the Start button.
- Perform a right-click and then tap on the option named Run as administrator.
- Once done, hit the Ctrl to access the QuickBooks.
- A new screen with the No Company Open title pops up.
- Once done, move towards the Help section.
- From the list, choose Update QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, the user needs to go to the Options button.
- Hit another tab that says Mark All.
- Proceed to the next by clicking on Save.
- Again, you need to move towards the Update now button.
- From the two options, choose Reset Update and put a tick mark there.
- After that, move towards the blue tab named Get Updates.
- It will help in downloading the updates.
Solution 3: Examine the Multi-user Access on Hosting System
In this solution, we will examine that the multi-user access is disabled on the workstations and enabled on the server system. So, get into the steps below to verify this thing.
- Move towards the workstations and access the QuickBooks folder.
- Without accessing the QB files, just move towards the File menu.
- Now, you need to choose the utility tab.
- Make sure to move towards another option named Stop hosting multi-user access.
- You have to do the same task and disable the multi-user access on each workstation.
- With these steps, you will get help.
Solution 4: Verify that the System is Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager
In this solution, we will examine if the system is running the QuickBooks database server manager or not.
- First thing first, access the server system and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, you need to choose the Network issues.
- Proceed ahead by taping the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Access the same and move towards the Start Scan button.
- You can also go to the location where you have placed the QB files.
- Wait till the scanning procedure is going on.
- Other firewall-related permission issues can get resolved with QBDBMgrN.
- Hit the close button now and examine if there still arrives issues or not.
Firewall and QuickBooks
needs to be compatible together to have the smooth working of software. Make sure to conduct every solution for QuickBooks firewall error. We hope that you have resolved all of your queries related to the issue. However, if there arises any further problems and issues then don’t forget to comment below. Troubleshooting this issue lifts your confidence in eradicating the different errors.