What are the Prerequisites for Learning Artificial intelligence?
So, you are willing to learn Artificial Intelligence!!
This means that you know you can have your bread buttered on both sides by learning Artificial Intelligence and making a career in this ever-evolving, ever-growing domain.
Let’s still discuss why you should learn AI.
- You can have a great career in AI. The average salary of an AI developer in the US may range between USD 100,000 to USD 150,000 and INR 13,00,000 to INR 16,00,000 in India.
- Top companies looking for AI experts include IBM, Baidu, Apple, Uber, Microsoft, Facebook AI Research, Google DeepMind, Microsoft, Open AI, and many more.
- Artificial Intelligence is everywhere today. The applications include industrial robots, diagnosis of diseases, facial recognition, defense systems, self-driving cars, text and speech recognition, spam filters, chatbots, virtual assistants, Google’s AI-powered predictions, etc.
- Despite the fact that AI is used in almost every industry, there is a massive shortage of skilled, trained, and qualified (certified) professionals, making the AI career landscape widen across all directions.
- The career opportunities in this field are diverse, and you can choose any career, including Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer, Deep Learning Engineer, etc.
With such an ever-evolving domain, professionals across the world are looking for an artificial intelligence course in Pune to launch a career in this domain. Let’s look at the basics of this technology and what are the prerequisites for learning AI.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence refers to the machines or systems that mimic human intelligence to perform tasks that are otherwise iterative and time-consuming. The specialty of AI systems is that they can improve in themselves on the basis of the data they collect.
Actually, Artificial Intelligence is the way of making intelligent/smart machines. It is the system that learns the same as the way humans learn. These systems learn and then mimic human actions, and they can perform tasks faster than humans and that too without errors. This is why these systems are used to perform tasks that are iterative and consume human labor.
AI has several benefits to both businesses and people. Businesses utilize AI systems to define the opportunities by assessing risks, cutting costs by developing chatbots, recommendation engines, and other smart applications, and improving innovation and research.
On the other hand, consumers use AI in their daily lives in ride-sharing applications, finding their directions (as in Google Maps), personal virtual assistants and smart home devices, and also for streaming services.
It is to be noted that AI is not there to replace human jobs. It is there to enhance the capabilities of humans and significantly improve their contribution. This has made AI a valuable asset for businesses.
The Three Main Stages of AI
With the evolving technology, there is improvement in learning. The three stages of AI are:
- Stage I or Machine Learning: it comprises intelligent systems that use algorithms so as to learn from experience.
- Stage II or Machine Intelligence: it is here that current Artificial Intelligence technology resides currently. This stage involves learning machines based on false algorithms. It is a better-evolved form of machine learning that has enhanced cognitive abilities.
- Stage III or Machine Consciousness: In this stage, systems perform self-learning from experience without any external data. Apple’s Siri is the most common example of Machine Consciousness.
Prerequisites for learning Artificial Intelligence
In the heart of Artificial Intelligence, there are subjects that we have already got familiar with within our high school. With a high school education, you get the foundation to get started with AI. The basic knowledge required for beginning with AI may include:
- Basics of Computer Science
- Statistics and Probability
- Data Structures
- Linear Algebra that includes topics namely matrices, vectors, and derivatives
- Discrete mathematics
- Algorithms and their analysis
- Python or R programming.
Apart from the basic educational requirements, other skills required to start learning AI are:
To start learning AI, it is important that you have a good grasp of popular programming languages that include Python, R, and Java.
Linear Algebra, Statistics, Probability
This is essential to implement various AI models, including Gaussian mixture models, Naive Bayes, Hidden Markov Models, etc.
Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Spark
When working with AI, you might be required to work with massive amounts of data, that may be real-time production-level data or streaming in terabytes or more. For dealing with such huge quantities of data, you should be well versed with some of the popular Big Data technologies, including Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, or MongoDB.
Algorithms and Frameworks
It is crucial to understand the way machine learning algorithms such as KNN, Linear regression, Naive Bayes, Support Vector Machines, etc., work so that you can implement ML or AI models easily.
Also, to build AI models using unstructured data, you should be well acquainted with deep learning algorithms and implement them using a framework. Some of the most popular frameworks used in this domain are Theano, PyTorch, Caffe, and TensorFlow.
Problem-Solving and Communication Skills
Regardless of the career you choose to go within AI, you are typically required to solve problems, and interpret the solutions to the team members and concerned senior management teams. So, you are required to develop excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as problem-solving skills.
Career in AI
By learning Artificial Intelligence, you can choose the industry of your interest (including
healthcare, media and entertainment, finance, retail,eCommerce, marketing, etc.) and job role according to your skills and qualifications. This is because industries across almost every sector are utilizing AI up to some degree and they need AI experts to accomplish their tasks.
Let’s see what careers you can pursue by having knowledge of AI.
- AI Engineer
- AI Developer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Deep Learning Engineer
- AI Architect
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Developer, and many more.
If you are now ready to learn Artificial Intelligence to upgrade or launch your career and are looking for the best way to do so, stop your search here.
The most efficient and strongly recommended mode of learning AI is by taking up an online training course. A good course from an accredited training institute trains you rigorously by making you go through many real-life projects. Also, they allow you for self-paced learning, different modes of learning, and expert faculty to provide high-end training.
With doubt sessions and job-seeking assistance, these courses become an ideal choice for learning the technology.
Enroll Yourself Now!