PM Modi Visits Haldwani; Launches Projects Worth Rs 17,500 Crore
On Thursday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Haldwani ahead of Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2022 and announced various projects worth Rs 17,500 crore. Among them, one of the most-awaited project is developing a branch of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Udham Singh Nagar.
List of projects and initiatives announced by PM Modi:
- A scheme worth Rs 2000 crore for overall development of Haldwani including water, road, parking, sewage, street lights etc.
- A branch of AIIMS in Udham Singh Nagar.
- Lakhwar Multipurpose Project worth Rs 5,750 crore. The project will enable irrigation of 34,000 hectares of additional land and also supply drinking water to 6 states including Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and Delhi.
- 4-laning 85 kilometre Moradabad-Kashipur Road worth over Rs 4000 crore.
- 2-laning 22 kilometre Gadarpur-Dineshpur-Madkota-Haldwani road (SH-5).
- 18 kilometre Kiccha to Pantanagar road (SH-44).
- 8 Kilometre Khatima Bypass in Udham Singh Nagar and construction of a 4-lane National Highway (NH109D) worth over Rs 175 crore.
- AIIMS Rishkesh satellite centre and Jagjivan Ram Government Medical College, Pithoragarh worth Rs 500 crore and Rs 450 crore respectively.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced multiple road projects under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana as well. The road projects is expected to improve connectivity between the Garhwal, Kumaon and the Terai region. They will also help boost connectivity between Uttarakhand and Nepal.