Here’s Why You Should Give A Try To Turkish Poached Eggs
Making eggs for breakfast is one of the quickest and the easiest thing to do. But, this doesn’t apply on an egg dish called Cilbir or Turkish poached eggs. This Mediterranean egg dish is a combination of three basic elements, including eggs, butter/olive oil, and yogurt. With these minimal ingredients you can prepare an egg dish that’s too good to be added to your menu. Various people on Instagram are giving this dish a shot, and you should try it, too.
Technically, Cilbir (pronounced as chill-bir), is a poached egg that’s laid on the bed of creamy, garlicky yogurt. Furthermore, you can garnish this unique combination with a generous amount of herbed and chilli butter (or olive oil). Foodies prefer to serve it cold, mostly at room temperature. You can eat it with crusty bread or pita and enjoy the most wonderful brunch ever.
Here’s How You Can Prepare The Buttery Yoghurty Cilbir
This Turkish eggs dish is simple to prepare. However, there are certain steps which you need to follow to master it.
- Take ¾ cup Greek yoghurt and whisk it properly. Add sea salt and 2 crushed garlic cloves to fill in the flavour.
- Melt 2 tea spoon of butter or 1 tsp of olive oil on low heat. Add a little bit of red chilli and cumin seed powder for enhancing its taste.
- Spread the yogurt evenly on the plate, and make a hole in the centre to let the poached egg sit on it.
- Put water to boil in a saucepan, and once the water get boiled, lower down the heat to crack an egg into it.
- Crack a fridge-cold egg in the boiling water bowl and squeeze a little bit of lemon juice or vinegar to make perfect egg.
- Once the egg is done, take it out of the saucepan and place it on the yoghurt.
- Pour a bit of butter sauce over the egg and garnish your dish with dill or coriander leaves. Serve it with crusty bread.
Cilbir find its place in the brunch menu of many popular food joints. People all across the world are a consumer of this egg dish, and there have been only good reviews about eating eggs
So, that’s all in the lifestyle news today. We believe you, too, will give this Turkish egg dish a try and enjoy the best combination of eggs, yoghurt and flavoured spices.