Tasty Besan Ki Barfi Recipe To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
Besan barfi is an easy-to-make dessert that everyone, including kids, loves. You can make it with some simple ingredients that are easily available in every household. This burfi melts in your mouth and satisfies your sweet tooth like no other dessert.
Let us check out the soft besan barfi recipe!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Resting Time: 1 Hour
Besan Barfi Ingredients
Following are the besan barfi ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen:
- Besan (Gram Flour) – 3 Cups (325 grams)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 cup (200 grams)
- Cardamom Powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- Granulated White Sugar – 2 Cups
- Water – ½ Cup
- Pistachios (Chopped for garnishing): 3 Spoons
- Take a 9 X 9-inch pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt ghee on a pan at medium heat. Then add the besan to it and keep stirring it on low heat.
- Keep stirring to ensure there are no lumps in the besan.
- After 15 minutes or so, the besan will loosen up, and in 20 minutes, it will start becoming smoother.
- When it becomes a smooth paste, add cardamom powder to it and continue stirring for five additional minutes. Then set the pan aside and let it cool down.
- On the sides, take another pan and make sugar syrup by melting sugar and water.
- When the besan is at room temperature, add sugar syrup to it on medium heat.
- Stir until it’s mixed properly.
- Transfer it to your pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle pistachios on top.
- After leaving it for an hour, you can cut the barfi and enjoy it with your friends and family.
Important Note: The besan must be roasted properly. Otherwise, it gives a raw taste. So, make sure you roast it for 25 to 30 minutes.