Home Remedies to Improve Eyesight
Wearing corrective glasses and having eye surgery are two traditional procedures for correcting vision. However, you can enhance your eyesight with a few natural home remedies such as eye workouts, eye supplements, and general lifestyle modifications.
Following are some home remedies to improve eyesight:
- Breathing Exercises: Breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth with eyes closed. Do not fixate on anything when you eventually open your eyes after two minutes. Repeat the process three times. The goal is to soothe your eyes for some time.
- Blinking Exercises: For two minutes, blink for four to five seconds at a time. You can do it whenever you feel tired. This way, you can refresh your eyes.
- Palming Workouts: To perform this exercise, position your elbows on a level surface in front of you. Cover your left eye with your left palm. The tips of your fingers should be resting on your brow.
Apply the same technique to your right eye and palm. The palms of the hands should cup the eyes softly. This exercise should be done for three minutes at a time. It helps to relax the muscles in and around the eyes.
There are also some foods to improve eyesight:
- Carrots: Carrots contain ingredients like beta-carotene and vitamin A, which improve vision to a great extent.
- Leafy Vegetables (Green): Because of their high carotenoid content, leafy vegetables with green tinges will help protect your eye’s macula.
- Fish from Cold Water: Cold water fish comprises a high level of DHA, which helps fortify the eye’s cell membranes. DHA is also used to treat a variety of eye ailments, including macular degeneration, dry eyes, and general vision problems.
- Eggs, Onions, Garlic, Capers: These edible products have supportive antioxidants. Regular consumption of these items may improve your vision.
You need to take proper care of your eyes like any other organ in your body. It entails doing regular exercises and taking foods full of nutrition.