Is it a Good Idea to get a Hair Transplant?
The hair transplant cost in India ranges from Rs.20 to Rs.35 per graft, and this is excluding any taxes. Each graft contains about 1 to 3 hair follicles.
When the number of grafts are taken into consideration the cost of hair transplant in India as of September 2021, ranges from Rs. 40,000 ($549) – Rs. 1,00,000 ($1373) excluding any tax. This cost is inclusive of the initial consultation but excluding medications and postoperative care.
Some side effects, though not a big issue due to modern technology, can be summarized as:
- Bleeding. Being a surgical procedure there is a possibility of some amount of bleeding during and post-surgery.
- Thinning of Hair.
- Scalp Swelling & Eye Bruises.
- Shock Loss.
There are a few ways of doing a hair transplant, which are:
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- Dense Hair Implantation
- QHT (Quick Hair Transplant)
The hair transplant cost in India is calculated on the basis of the number of grafts that need to be done. Each Graft has 3 or more hair follicles. Depending on the level of baldness, the number of grafts required is disclosed to the patient. The cost of hair transplant varies in all major cities like Mumbai, Deli, Hyderabad, etc. There are many factors that come into account, and some are listed below:
Following are the factors that affect the cost of hair transplant:
- Total number of grafts required for the hair transplantation.
- The area that requires treatment.
- The number of sessions required to complete the transplantations.
- Patient’s skin-related conditions, the texture of the hair and the direction of hair loss/growth.
- The extent of hair loss and expectations of the patients.
- Presence of irregularities in the area that is going to be transplanted, like any dandruff, etc.
As there are no major side effects of doing a hair transplant especially due to the technological advances that we have made lately, it is safe and secure. So if you can afford it and want to look great again, consider getting a hair transplant.