The Ultimate Guide to Paleo Diet
After the keto diet and intermittent fasting, the paleo diet is the talk of the town! Well, the paleo diet is a high-protein and high-fibre dietary plan that promotes effective weight loss! So if keto’s and IF’s didn’t work on you, it’s time to replace them with a paleo diet.
What Is Paleo Diet?
In simple terms, the paleo diet is somewhat based on what humans used to consume during the Paleolithic era. (approximately 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago). Paleo diet can also be referred to as Paleolithic diet, caveman diet, Stone Age diet or hunter-gatherer diet.
The Paleo diet eliminates the consumption of high-fat and processed foods which has almost no nutritional value and are just high-calorie foods that lead to weight gain. Since we are speaking about a diet that humans used to follow when they used to consume all that was available to them, there is no hard and fast rule to follow the paleo diet. While Some ate a low-carb diet high in animal foods, some ate a high-carb diet in plant foods. The basic concept of a paleo diet is to eat whole foods and avoid processed food.
Foods You Can Eat While On A Paleo Diet
- Seafood like Shrimp, Salmon etc.
- Meat like chicken, turkey, pork, beef, lamb etc.
- Vegetables like Broccoli, spinach, kale, onions, carrots, tomatoes etc.
- Tubers like sweet potatoes, turnips, yams, potatoes etc.
- Healthy fats such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil etc.
- Fruits like apples, strawberries, oranges, avocados, bananas etc.
- Nuts and seeds such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds etc.
- Salt and spices such as garlic, sea salt, turmeric, rosemary etc.
Foods You Must Avoid While On A Paleo Diet
- Legumes like beans, lentils etc.
- Unhealthy vegetable oils such as sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, soybean oil etc.
- Trans fats primarily found in processed foods.
- Artificial sweeteners such as sucralose, aspartame, saccharin etc., use natural sweeteners instead.
- Sugary drinks and syrups containing high-fructose like table sugar, pastries, ice creams, soft drinks etc.
Simple Meal Plan That You Can Follow If You Are On Paleo Diet
Breakfast: You can have eggs, stir fry vegetables in coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil, or fruit salad.
Lunch: You can have chicken salad, freshly prepared vegetable sandwich or stir fry vegetables in coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil.
Snacks: You can have a fruit salad or a bowl of mixed nuts and seeds.
Dinner: You can have chicken salad, freshly prepared vegetable sandwich or stir fry vegetables in coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil.