Is Your WhatsApp Banned? Reasons and the Solution
WhatsApp follows a strict policy procedure for the account that violates its terms and conditions. It can block your account if you don’t follow their terms of service. This is just not getting banned from a WhatsApp group or one of your contacts blocking you. It is about banning your phone number from the chat app.
Indication That Your WhatsApp Account Has Been Banned
When you log in to your account and receive an error message ‘your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp’, then it is an indication that your account has been banned. However, WhatsApp offers for the accounts banned to request a review option. The support team will review your account and recheck for the activity that may have gone against the company’s terms of service that have resulted in your WhatsApp Account Banned.
Once the review is completed there are two different scenarios:
- Your WhatsApp Account Gets restored: WhatsApp acknowledges that the account was banned temporarily and the chats will be restored after thorough verification
- Account Remains Banned: Once the review is completed and the account is found to be violated the terms of services then the number remains banned
Types of Ban
There are two main types of ban, Temporary ban, and Permanent Ban.
- Temp Ban: There are a number of reasons when you suffer a temp WhatsApp Ban.
- When a user uses an unauthorized WhatsApp version
- When you create too many groups with phone numbers that are not saved in your address book
- When you send too many messages who don’t have your phone numbers saved
- When you send too many messages to a broadcast list
- Your account may also be temporarily banned when you forward the same message to too many contacts
- WhatsApp may also ban your number if too many people block your number in a certain amount of time
It is important to understand that if an account is banned several times, it may be permanently banned from using WhatsApp.
- Permanent Ban: WhatsApp can also ban an account permanently if:
- When an account totally violates its terms of services. WhatsApp is reported to ban over 2.5 million accounts per month
- The number can be banned if the phone number has been used for any suspicious action
- When an account uses WhatsApp services intensively
- WhatsApp also bans the account that receives several reports from other users
How to Unban WhatsApp
When a user believes that their account has been banned by mistake, they can get it rectified by contacting the company through its official website. You can also write to support in the following steps:
WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us
Users may also contact support and send a question to resolve the matter. Users can also get the temporary ban reversed by switching the mod app to the official version of the WhatsApp platform.
WhatsApp bans users frequently and in most cases the banning of a number is automated. Whenever you try to violate the terms of services, be ready to get your number banned.