Body Acne: How To Treat The Skin Condition?
Acne is a common problem related to skin that occurs mostly on face when the hair follicles become clogged with dead cells and oil. However, acne can happen in any part of the body.
Causes of acne
Acne can be caused due to several reasons. Some of the causes of acne are as follows:-
Genetics: Acne may happen due to genetic issues.
Hormonal problems: Hormonal imbalances during pregnancy, menopause or other problems can lead to acne.
Oil massages: People, who do oil massages very frequently, are likely to have acne.
Exposure to Extreme heat: Acne can happen due to a hot climate.
Sweat during the workout: If you sweat too much while working out, you may get acne.
Anabolic steroids or protein supplements: Taking certain anabolic steroids or protein supplements can result in acne.
Treatment of acne
Here, in this article, we present you a list of ways to treat body acne.
Keep the above points in mind, if you suffer from body acne too often. In case of severe acne, consult a dermatologist and use a prescribed lotion to reduce the severity..
- Use those skin products that have salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or any other hydroxy acids as potent ingredients. They are cleansing agents, and can effectively exfoliate skin and treat acne.
- You may also use a product containing alpha-hydroxy acids, like lactic acid or glycolic acid. These acids speed up cell turnover, help in exfoliation of the skin, and decrease the number of blockages of skin pores.
- Select a body wash having benzoyl peroxide or hydroxy acid as the main ingredient. It should help in the removal of dead skin cells, prevent the growth of bacteria, and exfoliate safely by skin.
- Apply a medicated lotion or spray on the body acne. Go for sprays having salicylic acid so that it dries up fast and protects the skin from drying up excessively.
- Consult a dermatologist and use retinoids derived from vitamin A. It prevents clogged pores by breaking whiteheads and blackheads.
- Change clothes immediately after a workout to prevent acne. Take a shower after a workout to remove the sweat.
- Exfoliation of skin helps to remove dead cells and keep the pores unclogged. It will reduce the occurrence of body acne.
- Use a moisturizer after taking a shower. Dry skin can lead to painful acne.
- Make sure to remove the conditioner and shampoo from the back as it may lead to acne.