Best Indian Horror and Romantic movies on Netflix
Do you like to watch horror movies on Netflix? Or are you looking for romantic movies on Netflix to watch with your partner during the weekend? Maybe you are looking for desi talent, and want to watch Indian movies on Netflix. We have picked up a few that you would enjoy.
Horror Movies you can watch on Netflix:
- TUMBBAD: Set in Maharashtra, between 1918 and 1947, Rahi Anil Barve’s directorial debut follows three generations of a Brahmin family who seek an ancestral treasure that has been jinxed by the gods. If for nothing else, watch this film to get familiar with the brilliant acting performances of Sohum Shah.
- STREE: Based on a true story, in this film, the town of Chanderi constantly lives in the fear of an evil power that lurks in the area. However, this evil power is the strongest during a particular festival and only preys on single young males. This film will scare you but has plenty of comic relief, making it perfect for those who aren’t big fans of the genre. The film stars Rajkkumar Rao, Shraddha Kapoor, Pankaj Tripathi and Aparshakti Khurrana, among others.
- PARI: In this film, Anushka Sharma plays the role of Rukhsana, the daughter of a woman who fell victim to a satanic and evil ritual. When her mother accidentally passes away, a kind-hearted man gives her place in her house as he believes that she is a victim of abuse. However, things aren’t what they seem with Rukhsana. Be sure to keep the night light on because Anushka’s performance in this film will give you real nightmares. You should watch Pari before Anushka Sharma’s production Bulbbul joins the list of horror shows and movies published on Netflix.
- Love per Square Feet: This movie has no dull moments. Through the course of this romantic comedy, you will come across the most common difficulties that today’s urban youth face. Nonetheless, a funny and enjoyable film you can watch with your partner.
- Tamasha: This is much more than a simple love story. Two strangers meet each other in Corsica, and decide to keep their identities hidden. Time changes everything between them when they meet again in Delhi. Directed by Imitiaz Ali, this movie will make you cry, laugh and think (quite a bit) at the same time. If you don’t like typical Bollywood flicks, this is the one you should watch.