Chilli Oil Fried Rice: A Simple Weekend Recipe to Devour!
Finding something to eat for supper after a long and arduous workday may be challenging. Besides, on weekends, picking the dinner menu can be tough because no one wants to spend time sweating over a gas oven after a long stressful day at work the whole week.
However, here is an assembly of the ultimate weekend dinner recipe. Chilli Oil Fried Rice is laden with your favorite chilli oil sizzle and would go nicely with any main dish. To be honest, it is not a typical fried rice dish, but rather fried rice with unique Chili Oil’s spicy-tingly flavor.
This easy fried rice recipe will become your favourite because it’s quick and easy to prepare. It is versatile and tasty to the core. You can repeat the recipe any time once you have most of the primary ingredients on hand. Also, you can tweak it with other stir-fry elements at your disposal.
This easy chilli oil fried rice recipe, also known as “Chengdu-style Sichuan fried rice,” is crammed with fresh green veggies, protein, starch, and your fav, chilli oil sizzle.
Cooking Time and Measurement
The cooking time is 25 minutes. 3 cups fried rice (enough for two very starving adults or three medium-hungry persons).
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil, separated.
- 1 cup chopped zucchini.
- 1/4 yellow onion, cubed.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 1/4 cup crushed chives.
- 1 tablespoon crispy chilli garlic.
- 2 whole egg pieces (optional).
- 3 cups cooked short-grain rice (brown).
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro.
- 2 tablespoons Sichuan chilli oil to taste.
Tools to be used
- 2 medium-sized bowls.
- Wider frying pan.
- A wooden Spatula.
Preparation of The Chilli Oil Fried Rice
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil. Put the onion, garlic, and zucchini when the pan is heated enough to sizzle with a pint of water. Leave them to fry 3 to 5 minutes on moderate flame or until faintly browned.
- Make the crispy chilli garlic sauce while the vegetables are simmering. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chives, crispy chilli garlic, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. Remove the mix.
- Transfer to a medium bowl when the vegetables are golden brown.
- Scramble the eggs (optional) in the very same frying pan until they’re fried. Place them in the same bowl with the vegetables and set them aside.
- On medium heat, spread the rice in a uniform layer on the pan. Allow for 3 minutes before flipping in portions using a spatula. The rice should have a slight browning but not scorched appearance. Toast the opposite side for 3 minutes; pack it down in an even layer again.
- Toss the crispy rice with eggs, vegetables, and crunchy chilli garlic sauce. Stir everything together thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat. Toss in the cilantro and Sichuan chilli oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
You need to mix just the oil with plain, white, boiling rice before serving. Also, make sure to sauté the rice with your favorite vegetables, including carrots, cabbage, green beans, and capsicum. Chilli chips and finely sliced green onions would go on top.