Do You Wish To Lose 15 Kgs In 4 Months? Read This Inspiring Story!
Weight loss is a long process, and the process becomes tougher if you have health issues such as high blood pressure and fatty liver. Though there are some inspiring stories who, despite all odds, make their health better by reaching their fitness goals, and one such story is of Dr. Mukul Kumar Bhatnagar, who is an associate professor of Cardiology at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Government Medical College in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh. Even after being diagnosed with high BP and fatty liver, Mukul, with his dedication, managed to lose 15 kgs weight in just 4 months.
Mukul Kumar was diagnosed with Pott’s spine (Tuberculosis of the spine) in the year 2015. Mukul had to spend a lot of time on bed rest before getting an anti-tubercular treatment in July 2016. This was the time when his weight went from 78 kgs to 85 kgs. With a lot of work pressure, Mukul couldn’t even notice when his weight touched the 90 kgs mark.
Already struggling with high BP and high cholesterol levels, Mukul was hell-bent on not taking any medication, which ultimately paved the way for his weight loss journey. Mukul Bhatnagar followed intermittent fasting and a workout plan to shed 15 kgs in 4 months.
Diet plan and workout plan followed by Dr Bhatnagar
- Morning snack: almonds and walnuts mix with honey and lemon
- One hour walk followed by a half an hour high-intensity interval training (HIIT) or weight training
- Breakfast: paratha/ peanut butter with brown bread/bread omelette/boiled eggs/muesli with milk/moong dal chilla
- Midday drink: one cup of ginger tea/lassi/buttermilk/coconut water
- Lunch: two rotis with green vegetables + dal + curd + salad + rice followed by a green tea
- Evening drink: one cup of ginger tea
- Dinner: poha/idli/dosa/dalia/dhokla/khichdi/cheese sandwich with sprouts or fruit servings
- One hour cycling and a two-hour walk
Dr Bhatnagar said that having early dinner and going to bed early has done a world of good.
Here are some quick tips shared by Dr. Bhatnagar:
- Make an exercise plan and stick to it.
- Look for like-minded people who are also trying to lose weight and stay fit and constantly motivate themselves.
- Make small parameters and small goals to constantly check them and celebrate.
- Continue the routine and develop it into a habit.
- Focus on eating clean and nutritious and check with your doctor what diet plan suits you the best.
- Increase vegetable and dal intake and reduce your carbohydrate intake from your meal.
- Incorporate seasonal vegetables and fruits into your diet.
- Avoid consuming cold storage fruits and vegetables and highly processed food