Back
Latest news

What We Know About Omicron Variants So Far

Before the emergence of super spreader variants, Alpha and Delta experts estimated that only about 20% of the infected people are responsible for passing the virus on the remaining 80%. It meant that the new variants are not only increasing the uncertainty but also its spread. In the first half of 2020 scientists focused upon symptoms and outcomes of Sars Cov-2. More than half of the infected people remind asymptomatic which resulted in severe diseases and death.

Slowly some of the mystery was solved to understand the differences in how people’s immunity reacts to the different viruses. The reaction of the immune system was different with every patient which resulted in the hyperinflammatory stage of covid-19.

Immunity back in focus

The emergence of omicron coronavirus is bringing back the focus on the immune system and scientists are trying to understand how the virus is affecting adaptive immunity. The studies would help in understanding why the virus has become more transmissible but less virulent.

New development projects to be dedicated by PM Modi in Gorakhpur

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be dedicating multiple projects to Gorakhpur including an All India Institute of Medical Science and a fertilizer plant for the people of Gorakhpur district in Uttar Pradesh. The fertilizer plant is estimated to be worth ₹8603 crores will produce approximately 12 lakh metric tons of neem coated urea every year. It is expected to bring prosperity for the farmers and will create more than 20000 direct and indirect employment opportunities. Prime minister Modi will inaugurate the Gorakhpur development projects worth ₹9000 crores that include a newly built fertilizer plant the Hindustan Urvarak Rasayan Limited, a state-of-the-art hospital with 300 beds, and 14 operation theatres, and a hi-tech lab at ICMR-Regional Unit.

Will Ravichandran Ashwin get a place in the playing squad against South Africa?

Ravichandran Ashwin missed out playing for test matches against England earlier this year. However, the spinner was back to his best wicket-taking phone at home and taking 14 wickets along with his player of the series award. Ashwin managed to pick 6 wickets in the Kanpur test against New Zealand and 8 more in Mumbai where India won by 372 runs and clinch the series by 2-1. Ashwin also became India’s third-highest wicket-taking player 50 wickets in the year and 300 wickets at home. However, even after all these Ashwin’s position in the team for the South Africa series is uncertain as captain Kohli plans for completely different team composition.

guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x