How can I Compete in the Class 8 IMO Exam?
IMO Exams, where does it stand?
The students and candidates who are appearing for Maths Olympiad exams must be in preparation for their upcoming final examinations for the same. Examinations have become an important phase in shaping our careers. Students habitually gear up themselves and intensify their struggles for their exams and these scores play an important role in also shaping their academic knowledge apart from the expertise in their field of interest. Many at times students were not competent to get avid results and miss their marks. Students often have weak concepts which pull their performance during examinations. Students who are aiming to secure better grades in their exams should follow these steps. On the other side, students must be aware that not all candidates who appear for these examinations will clear it in the first go!
The answer key is dictated by expert teachers provided in Oswaal Publications. The answer key provided is highly beneficial and serves to be a complete tailback revision arc of students. The solutions are split into many topics and concepts. Learn these topics from the syllabus quoted in the guides and other reference books which are inclusive of all topics. A student might be knowing the significance of Oswaal Publications for Mathematics for their exam preparations. These textbooks provide answer keys that will be convenient during the eleventh-hour preparations. Hence, students must learn well with these top mathematics exams and increase their self-assurance to ace their exams.
Also, Mathematics is a topic that necessitates a whole amount of practice, and the sample question papers from NCERT books while attempting for Olympiad examinations. Understanding the concepts and the approach towards every problem plays a vital role is solving each and every question. It is only calculated conferring to the CBSE curriculum procedures and might provide an actual examination exposure to the candidates. Taking up the habit of practising all the sample papers and answering the questions there will provide the candidates with a chance to improve a vibrant topic of covered while attempting these examinations.
The sample question papers for Class 8 Maths touches upon the complete curriculum of the entire term. It assists the student to begin their preparation for exams and aids them to prepare themselves and the chapters they feel less confident about. It is expected of all the students to make sure they answer all the questions and prepare themselves for the examinations. Practising all the problems frequently will only aid the students to exercise all the sums and also advance their mental stability and upsurge their concentration on the topic.
For any type of student, the preparation methodology has to be to cover the entire portion and review it at least 2-3 times before they give their examinations. It provides a sense of self-assurance to the students as well. This article is written to have a discussion about the preparation strategy for clearing maths Olympiad exams. There will be a few effective tips provided to dust off your exams with good grades along with making the preparation schedule of the students easier and simpler at the same time. Students might also get to read a few of the significant materials and resources that might aid them in creating their exam preparations in a premeditated and firm manner.
Tips to consider while preparing for IMO Examinations,
- Understanding the concepts is important but, over pondering and analysis of concepts leads to confusion and mishap while completing a chapter
- The teaching using these sample papers must be strong and clear for the understanding of the students and not vague
- Failing to practice CBSE sample papers and other sample question papers like NCERT, RS Aggarwal, Oswaal Publications etc.,
- Choosing proper study material is very important. Inappropriate or incoherent study material leads to confusion
- Practise, Practise and Practise! But, taking breaks and planning a schedule accordingly is very important for proper remembrance of the topics learned.
- The important point to keep in mind is, not to discuss question papers after any examination. The reason is obvious and evident. Discussing doubts is fair enough but, unless you are comfortable asking the person to get it clarified.
Picking up NCERT books as a source,
Books circulated by NCERT are approved by the CBSE, beginning from class’s I-XII with a few exceptions. Roughly 19 educational boards, across 14 states have implemented the curriculum followed in NCERT. The key purposes of NCERT and its component elements are to approach, encourage and direct investigation in spaces associated with school learning; preparation and publication of sample textbooks, additional study material, worksheets, and articles to improve scholastic kits, digitally-abled study materials. A board on history education was recognised under the affiliation of P. C. Gupta, Tara Chand, B. P. Saxena, Nilakanta Sastri, Bisheshwar Prasad, and Mohammad Habib which appointed the publication of a number of history books to be penned by prominent Mathematicians.
The Study material is prescribed, the mistakes are ruled-out; how do you rectify them? Let’s read below to find out!
1. Choose the scoring sections
Definitions must be comprehended evidently along with the lucidity and aim of the principle. This method will help students retort to the questions aptly to get good marks in Olympiad exams. While studying the theories, students want to remember the explanations so they will stick to the solutions which are apt to the question asked during the exam. Touch on other sample question papers and modules as well as a point of reference to comprehend the topics more evidently.
2. Figure out the differences among theory questions and problems
Differentiating among questions is very cooperative because it underlines the essential topics that students want to emphasise when developing the meanings and connotations. Because every section covers several transformations among questions, students need to totally centre on it, and while writing an exam it must be solved in a tabulation format. Don’t overlook to refer the fundamentals for changes as it aids to get good marks in this exam. Make an effort to revise Class 11 and 12 NCERT Mathematics and Physics important sample papers section-wise, along with yesteryear’s sample question papers for a good source of preparation.
3. Practice through sample papers
With respect to Olympiad examinations, concepts are elucidated with the assistance of Tabular columns and Diagrammatic representations alongside the formulations that secure students to be clarified on the theory side of this paper in an easier fashion. Students must rehearse with graphs on a steady base which helps them to plot proper figures of different curves when asked in the exams. Usage of the sharpened pencil is required for plotting graphs as maintains preciseness. Tabulations are very significant and contain calculations in addition to the use of formulations affording to the derivations. Students must revise them besides diagrams and graphs. Instead of mugging up the formulas, students can comprehend the derivation and the aim behind the formula along with its importance during solving. After understanding the formulas, create chapter-wise formula notes in sheets and run through them repeatedly.
Formulas, tables and graphs style a more pleasing appearance and so, delivers an enhanced backing to complete the answer. To get good marks in Olympiad examinations revising class 11 portions, focussing on practising tables and graphs, ad practising as many sample papers as possible is very important.
4. Time saviour, Numerical questions!
While dealing with Mathematics, numerals are very important equally while answering both PART-A&B. Multiple questions might be asked during exams from mostly Probability and Statistics, while scoring high in both these subjects is quite difficult without thorough understanding of the concepts they involve. The main objective is to comprehend the reason among numerical in a mathematical question to view it a much simple way while answering. Practising numerical is helpful as it is regarded to be a scoring topic. Hence, if the numerical are properly answered through the usage of spot-on formulas, it fetches you full marks while attending this section. Students must drill on the numerals on a steady basis to get good scores in Olympiad examinations.
5. Cultivate the habit of taking notes
Take notes conferring to the topics to sort your preparation calm in addition to scoring better in Olympiad examinations. Use highlighter pens, tinted pencils and pens, and bookmarks to spot all the important topics. If students discover any trouble in comprehending any topics, they must bookmark their doubts and get them clarified with the assistance of a teacher or from any other individual who can help them solve their doubts. When answering questions, if students get jammed at few specific steps they must bulletin those steps for revision later on. This might aid students to be more observant later on while giving their examinations.
6. Do revisions
Bring together all your important notes, formula sheets, and practice journals to begin revisions before exams. Right revision units must be performed frequently as it becomes the source of success to get good marks in Olympiad examinations. Allocate the vacant time among all the sections and begin to solve all the questions which you find hard to answer while practising. Students must not disremember to study the topics which they find problematic to study and that are notified beforehand.
7. Other Strategies to get better in Class 8
* Create your individual question papers comprising all the topics and make an attempt to answer them within the set stipulated time. This might greatly help students to upsurge their writing rapidity in addition to making them more proactive and confident while giving their examinations.
* Crack as many yesteryear sample question papers as conceivable for augmenting the preparation altitudes.
* If students are fronting any difficulty in studying any topic, it is a better deal to hire a tutor for extra guidance and individual assistance.
* Gather a set of students who require clarifications and segment the doubts to derive solutions for the same. This might help students to inflate their understanding and deliver their answers with more clarity and precision.
* Make use of examples to understand the concepts in a comprehensible manner. It also aids students to write their answers clearly and on-point.
* Be more observant and attentive during lectures and during doubt-clearing sessions as the visual clarifications will definitely help students to comprehend their chapters. If students face any doubts, without any hesitation it must be asked then and there to avoid confusion with future chapters.
The final say!
Be it any chapter, learning and acquiring knowledge must be the main motive of the students. Scoring marks will be followed if hard work and determination are felicitated during preparation. The exam is conducted as a part to test the knowledge of the candidate. Students must practise the habit of containing a cool and calm mind before appearing for any exams which helps them deliver answers with utmost comfort.
Shadow these steps just few days before the examination, until you walk-out of the examination hall. Be poised about your capabilities and don’t drop confidence. All the best for all the students!