Craving an Evening Snack? Try This Egg Fingers Recipe By Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
We all get confused about what to have in the evening snack, but chef Sanjeev Kapoor just knows how to solve all our problems. If you are looking to experiment with a fun recipe, you must try the egg Fingers recipe shared by the Master chef himself.
The chef recently shared a picture on his Instagram and if your mouth is watering too, then keep on reading!
Prep Time – 16-20 minutes
Cook Time – 30-40 minutes
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
Crushed black peppercorns
2 Tablespoons refined flour (maida)
2 Tablespoons rice flour
1 Tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 Teaspoon red chilli flakes
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon paprika powder
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt to taste
- Start by breaking 6 eggs into a bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, crushed black peppercorns, and whisk well.
- Heat water in a steamer. Grease the thali with oil and pour the egg mixture in it.
- Place the thali in the steamer and steam for 12-15 minutes, take the thali out and let it cool down.
- Take refined flour, rice flour, coriander leaves, dried red chilli flakes, crushed black peppercorns, onion powder, paprika powder, and garlic powder in a wide bowl and mix it well. Add salt at this step and keep the bowl aside.
- Break the remaining egg in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a plate and add a pinch of salt.
- De-mould the steamed egg and cut it into 2-inch strips.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Coat each strip with the flour mixture, dip it in the egg mixture and coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Slide the egg fingers in hot oil and deep-fry until the fingers turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the excess oil on absorbent paper.
- Serve the crispy egg fingers and enjoy with ketchup or homemade mint chutney.