Back
vaccine

Government Releases Revised Guidelines For Implementation Of Vaccination Program

In the nationwide address on Monday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the central government would procure 75% of vaccine doses from the vaccine manufacturers directly and provide them to all the states free of cost for the 18-44 age group. He added that the remaining 25% could be procured directly by private hospitals.

The central government has now released the revised guidelines for the vaccination program in India. The inoculation drive in the country commenced with vaccinating healthcare workers, frontline workers, followed by the inoculation of senior citizens and citizens aged above 45. Currently, the vaccination drive is at its third phase with vaccinating the 18-44 age group.

Here are the revised guidelines which will come into effect from 21st June 2021:

  • The government of India will procure 75% of the vaccine doses directly from the vaccine manufacturers and provide the procured doses free of cost to all states/UTs. The doses will then be administered by the states/UTs free of charge to all the citizens as per priority through government vaccination centres.
  • The vaccine doses to the states/UTs will be provided on the basis of population, disease burden and the progress of vaccination drive. The vaccine wastage by the states/UTs will affect the allocation negatively.
  • All states/UTs will be given prior information on the vaccine doses to be supplied to them. States/UTs should further allocate the relevant number of doses to districts and vaccination centres. All states/UTs should publicly inform about the vaccine availability at every district and vaccination centres and widely disseminate all the updates to maximise the convenience of citizens.
  • All private hospitals can directly procure the remaining 25% from the vaccine manufacturers. Each vaccine manufacturer will declare the price of vaccine doses for private hospitals in advance, and private hospitals can charge up to INR 150 per dose as a service charge.
  • All government and private vaccination centres must provide an onsite registration facility for both individuals and group of individuals; detailed procedure for the same to be finalised and published by all states/UTs.

Note: All the above-mentioned information has been taken from the official website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.

guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x