Akhilesh Yadav is an Indian politician whose political gamut is mainly limited to the regions of Uttar Pradesh. He has succeeded his father, Mulayam Singh Yadav as the national president of the Samajwadi Party. Yadav also served as Uttar Pradesh’s 20th Chief Minister from 2012 to 2017.
- 2009: Akhilesh Yadav was re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha for a third term.
- 2012: On March 10, Yadav was unanimously elected as the leader of the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh.
- 2012: He resigned as a member of the 15th Lok Sabha to become a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
- 2012: On March 15, he became Uttar Pradesh’s youngest Chief Minister at the age of 38.
- 2017: The SP-Congress Alliance was stitched by Akhilesh Yadav for UP elections. However, it was not successful as the alliance conceded heavy defeat.
Akhilesh Yadav was born at Saifai, District Etawah, Uttar Pradesh, on July 1, 1973. His parents are Mulayam Singh Yadav and late Malti Devi. Mulayam Singh Yadav is hailed as the most popular Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and an able parliamentarian in the lower house of parliament.
He received his primary education in a local school in Saifai and subsequently in Etawah town. He attended the Military School in Dholpur, Rajasthan, and then went to the JSS Science and Technology University to earn his both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Civil Environmental Engineering. He also holds an environmental engineering master’s degree from University of Sydney, Australia.
Akhilesh Yadav was Uttar Pradesh’s youngest chief minister. He has been elected to the Lok Sabha three times. His active participation in enhancing rural life and fighting for the welfare of farmers and the underprivileged is a perfect demonstration of Uttar Pradesh’s new image. He has made several benevolent steps towards the welfare of the new generation. He is recognized as one of the youngest and promising faces in Indian politics.
Yadav’s family has been split into two squabbling factions since he became chief minister, one backing with him and the other with his uncle Shivpal Singh Yadav and his clans. Mulayam Singh Yadav eventually endorsed Akhilesh Yadav’s dominance. Akhilesh Yadav has successfully made his headway in Indian politics and is still a force to reckon with in state politics.