Bread Masala Recipe – An Instant Indian Appetizer!
Here are some tips for making Indian recipes with bread slices. You may use leftover white sandwich bread slices as the main ingredient. Multigrain or brown bread would not have the same crispness or flavor.
Once the recipe is prepared, you can serve it right away. The bread must be crisp, or it will absorb the moisture and become mushy. Instead of going for the chili sauce, you can add pav bhaji powder as it contains spicy masala which will be perfect for your bread masala dish.
- White bread – 5 slices
- Finely chopped garlic – 2 cloves
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Chilli (slit) – 1
- Finely chopped onion – ½
- Finely chopped spring onion – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped cabbage – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped capsicum – 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped carrot – 1/2
- Pav bhaji masala – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped tomato – 2
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Begin by cutting 5 slices of bread into squares. To make a more crispy bread masala dish, toast the bread and chop it into pieces.
- In a big Kadai, melt 2 tablespoons butter and fry 2 garlic cloves, 1 chili, and 2 tablespoons spring onion.
- Saute 1/2 onion until it begins to go brownish.
- Add 1/2 carrots, 2 tablespoons cabbage, 2 tablespoons capsicum, and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Continue to sauté until the vegetables are cooked but still hold their shape.
- Add 2 tomatoes to the pan and cook until they are soft and mushy.
- At this point, add 1tsp pav bhaji masala and 1/4 tsp salt and saute it well.
- Subsequently, add 2 tbsp tomato sauce and stir well.
- Tomato sauce enhances the flavor of the masala.
- Gently fold in the bread pieces.
- Finally, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy the recipe with hot tea.
- Toast the bread and cut it into pieces especially if you’re packing the bread masala for your lunch. Otherwise, the bread may become soggy.
- You can also add vegetables if you want to make it more nourishing.
- If you don’t have pav bhaji masala, you can use chili powder and add a pinch of garam masala powder.
This delicious bread masala recipe may become one of your favorites if perfectly prepared. It is very simple to prepare since you would always have some leftover bread slices at your kitchen’s countertop.