DOB: 12 January 1972
Priyanka Gandhi is an Indian politician. She is presently serving as the general secretary of the (AICC) All India Congress Committee, Uttar Pradesh. She is active in Uttar Pradesh politics. Priyanka is Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi's daughter, Rahul Gandhi'
Early Life and EducationPriyanka Gandhi was born on 12th January 1972. Gandhi attended Modern School and the Convent of Jesus and Mary in New Delhi for her primary and secondary education. She graduated from Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University. Later, she also did her masters in Buddhist studies.
Political JourneyPriyanka Gandhi started her political career with focusing on strengthening the strongholds of her mother and brother’s constituencies, namely Rae Bareli and Amethi, respectively. Gandhi was her mother's campaign manager in the 2004 General Election and played a pivotal role in supervising Rahul Gandhi's election campaign. During the 2007 Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections, she concentrated on ten specific seats in the Amethi and Rae Bareli constituencies. She is said to have been spent two rigorous weeks there. Her main objective was to stop the party infighting among rebels over seat allocations. Priyanka Gandhi formally stepped into politics on January 23, 2019, when she was named General Secretary of the Congress for the Uttar Pradesh (Eastern) segment. She is likely to be the chief ministerial face of the Congress party in the upcoming UP legislative assembly polls.
Personal LifePriyanka Gandhi is married to Delhi businessman Robert Vadra. On the 18th of February 1997, a customary wedding ceremony was held at the Gandhi residence, 10 Janpath New Delhi. They have a son and a daughter. She is a Buddhist follower who practices Vipassana meditation.
Some Important Facts
- Priyanka Gandhi has almost all the qualities similar to her father late Rajiv Gandhi.
- She is a trustee of the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation.
- Priyanka presented her maiden political oration at the age of 17.
- Priyanka is an avid photographer and inherited the trait from her father, Rajiv Gandhi.
- Her favorite book is Discovery of India, scripted by Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Great Grand Father: Jawaharlal Nehru
- Great Grand Mother: Kamala Nehru
- Grand Father: Feroze Gandhi
- Grand Mother: Indira Gandhi
- Uncle: Sanjay Gandhi
- Aunt: Maneka Gandhi
- Cousin: Varun Gandhi