Grammarly: An Ideal Online Replacement for Human Proofreading
When internet users think of a grammar checker, they often consider a program that can detect and fix grammatical errors. However, if you search online, you will come across various types of grammar checkers. So, before investing in one of them you must know what credentials they have.
In this Grammarly review, the emphasis will be on how it can help you prevent typo and grammatical errors.
What Does Grammarly Do?
Grammarly is an AI-backed online writing tool that detects and corrects a range of errors. These are:
- Spell check
- Grammar and punctuation
- Writing style
Who Can Utilize It Best?
- Business professionals interested in social media posts
- Anyone who writes online content
What Are The Objectives?
- Intent or desire to narrate something
- Audience for viewing, like common or specific
- Involving emotion; strong or soft
- Domain centric; whether technical, academic or business
What Are The Key Features?
- Grammarly includes a basic grammar checker tool regarding wordiness, punctuation, and active-passive voice.
- An explicit spell-checker
- Evaluation of sentence formation
- Analysis of reading time taken
- A glossary cum vocabulary bank
Where to Use?
- MS Office add-in
- Grammarly Chrome app similar to Google Docs
- Grammarly Chrome plugin for new users
- Grammarly desktop app for Windows and Mac
- Grammarly for Android and iOS
Grammarly Free VS Premium
Apart from an integrated grammar checker, a plagiarism tracker, and some vocabulary optimization tips, the free edition includes much of the features of Grammarly Premium.
The Advantages of Grammarly Business Tool
It helps in identifying:
- Extreme use of passive voice
- Confused prepositions
- Erroneous common usage
- Spelling errors
- Word repetitions
- Long sentences
Grammarly VS Human Proofreader
Can Grammarly replace a human proofreader?
Human proofreading by a professional is always advisable in case of voluminous works like writing novels, e-books, or academic content. Here, throughput mostly depends upon audiences’ interests without disturbing the flow of writing.
You can rely on the Grammarly tool for shorter commercial content that appeals to common masses that requires accepted grammatical practices.
Grammarly is a precious and affordable writing tool that you should adopt while writing online. It can help you identify and correct errors quickly with a user-friendly approach.